Should You Buy Your Hot Tub Locally In Sonoma Or Online?
So, you've decided to add a hot tub to your Sonoma home. But should you buy your new home spa locally or online? Both options have their benefits. Online hot tub shopping allows you to view a wide selection of styles and check out reviews of other buyers. But, when it comes to making this important home purchase, you will want the expertise of a local Sonoma hot tub dealer to get all your questions answered, have a test soak, and discuss local pricing.
Our suggestion is to look online and buy your new hot tub locally in Sonoma, Santa Rosa, or Napa Valley. When you choose to buy local, you can save time, money, and get the peace of mind knowing that continued support over the life of your new spa is easy, personal, and nearby.
Before You Arrive At Sonoma Hot Tubs
- Measure the area you want to put the new hot tub. You want to make sure that the tub you find is going to fit in the location you picked out.
- Measure your access path. Tubs are delivered standing on their sides. The delivery crew will need 30”-40” of clearance between gate posts, and the house and: fences, fireplaces, A/C units, etc. to get your tub where you want it.
- There’s lots to look at, so bring everyone who is going to decide on model, colors, and options.
- Take pictures to show us what your area looks like. This helps our staff to see what you want to do and where you want to put your hot tub.
- Take picture of your main electrical panel, open. We want to make sure that your panel has room to accept the needed breaker to power your new hot tub.
- If you have a tub worth trading in, take pictures of the outside cabinet and interior finish. This will help us get a better idea of what to offer you for it.
WHY BUYING LOCAL (30 miles) is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR YOU!
Longer warranties: 3 – 5 years vs 1 – 2 online or show
Quick repair turn around times: 1 week vs up to several months online or show
Local service: fast turn around, keep tax dollars in your community, keeps local economy healthy
Professional knowledge: Expertise with proper installation, connections to contractors, delivery crew, after sale support, parts and water service
Equipment differences: Better quality water management systems – 24 hour filtration / ozone, bigger filters, quiet / energy efficient pumps, cleaner water, less chemicals vs loud big 2 speed jet pumps, no 24 hour filtration, dirtier water due to smaller filters and less filtration, more energy usage, more chemicals needed to keep clean for online models
- Drain them every 6 -12 months vs 3 – 4 months and with online or show tubs
More functionality of the controls for variable filtering and heating cycles = better user experience and lower energy bill vs online
Quieter and more energy efficient to operate
Better construction materials: 2 x 4 construction w/truss plates and sealed ABS pan bottoms vs 2 x 3 stapled wood and open bottoms for rodents to nest in
Lower total cost of ownership: Average life span 10-18 years vs 4 – 8 years online
Back yard delivery included and free fill up/orientation vs driveway drop and go (extra charge for backyard)
- Accountability: You know you will get your product and in a timely manner. Look at the BBB, Reviews: Yelp, Google+, Facebook
Chemicals included w/full set of instructions vs you going to the local store and having to purchase everything and if you don’t go to a hot tub store, you hope are sold the right chemicals otherwise the wrong chemicals will destroy your tub and void your warranty
Better buying experience: At the end of the whole experience you end up saving so much time, headaches, frustration and money when you buy local vs online or at show.